Your world will be brighter with a visit to the enchanting Art Bazaar which is presented by Hunter Arts Network who carefully select a wide variety of stalls featuring premium handmade products. Art Bazaar has cemented it’s reputation as the event that showcases the Hunter’s creative & vibrant art community that locals & visitors look forward to three times every year.
By becoming a Hunter Arts Network member you are entitled to apply for a stall at Art Bazaar
Since 2002 the Hunter’s premier artisan & design marketplace, Art Bazaar, has been held every year. Art Bazaar started in Laman street under the shade of the beautiful fig trees between Darby and Dawson Street. In 2009 it was moved into Civic Park due to the safety issues of the Laman Street figs. Since 2012 Art Bazaar has been held three times every year at three locations by Hunter Arts Network (HAN) which is a non-profit membership of artisans from the Hunter region. HAN continues to develop a presence on the art and cultural event calendar of the Hunter and NSW.
Art Bazaars feature original handcrafted goods from over 100 local HAN artists. Art Bazaar is free entry & there’s also demonstrations, entertainment, a mobile ATM, food & refreshments. Enjoy meeting the artists & designers who have carefully created for the reputable event providing access beyond the boundaries of the gallery. It is an affordable opportunity for both the public & the creative people of Newcastle & the Hunter
Volunteer Grants 2015
2015 Hunter Local Business Awards Finalist
2015 Stockland Community Grant Winner
2014 QantasLink Hunter & Central Coast Awards for Excellence in Tourism FINALIST
Art Bazaar dates
– Lake Macquarie Art Bazaar, Speers Point Park, Sunday 25 March 2018
Hunter Arts Network regrets to advise that Speers Point Park will be closed this weekend due to the wet weather which means Art Bazaar is unable to go ahead this Sunday 25 March 2018. Whilst Sunday could be a fine day, Lake Macquarie City Council is very concerned about people’s safety and the condition of their grounds as their parks will not have had the opportunity to dry out. We will advise the rescheduled date asap. We apologise for the inconvenience. Yours sincerely, Hunter Arts Network
– Art Bazaar Pop Up @ The Levee during Maitland Aroma, Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 August 2018, 10am-3pm, stall fee $60
– Newcastle Art Bazaar, Lambton Park, Sunday 18 November 2018, 9am–3pm, stall fee $80
The stall fee includes public liability insurance however we advise stallholders also have their own insurance
The Arts, Craft & Design work sold at Art Bazaar is:
– High quality
– Produced by local artisans (Hunter & surrounding areas)
Call for stallholders
– Stallholders must be Hunter Arts Network members. Membership is from $55 per year for individuals, join here: http://hunterartsnetwork.org/join/membership-form/
– Stall fee is $60 & includes insurance. When stallholder applications open click here to apply: http://artbazaar.com.au/category/call-for-stallholders
– Both applications are subject to approval to ensure your art/craft/design is your original work of high standard, originality & innovation, & is produced & located in the Hunter region of NSW
HAN also organises Art in the Park which is held in conjunction with Newcastle Art Bazaar.
For more information & to apply please click here to go to the Art Bazaar website.