Win a trip to the National Portrait Gallery & win the chance to have your work exhibited
The 1233 Portrait Prize returns in 2015.
The top ten entries to the 1233 Portrait prize, and a listener’s choice, will be displayed in an exhibition at the Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery. And one lucky winner will win a trip to the National Portrait Gallery, Canberra.
The top ten entries, the finalists, in the 1233 Portrait Prize will win:
- Two and a half (2.5) hour photography workshop with Grant Sproule on Saturday 11 July
- Professionally mounted print of their winning image
- Professional print to be exhibited at Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery from Friday 17 July
The major prize winner, selected from the top ten finalists, will win:
- Return flights for two adults to Canberra
- Two night’s accommodation for two adults
- Entry to National Portrait Gallery for four adults
- A private tour of the Portrait Gallery for four adults
- Lunch for four adults
- A two year Circle of Friends membership
- A copy of the new collection handbook The Companion
- 2 x Tickets and a catalogue for the upcoming Sideshow alley exhibition
How to enter
To enter take a portrait photograph with a local Hunter connection and tell us what you discovered about the subject of your portrait, in 100 words or less.
Photos must be jpg, gif (no animated gifs), png, bmp, format and under 10MB, minimum size: 300dpi, 12 inches wide x 16 inches high (30.48 x 40.64cm), 15MP minimum for smartphone cameras.
All entries will be judged by a professional panel of judges.
The listener’s choice will be the photo with the most ‘likes’ from the Facebook photo gallery.
This competition is open from Monday 15 June – Sunday 28 June.
This competition is not open to professional photographers.
The major prize winner, the top ten portraits and the listener’s choice, will be announced and unveiled in an exhibit at the Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery on Friday 17 July during Paul Bevan’s live broadcast from 3pm – 6pm