Thank you for your application for Hunter Arts Network’s next Art Bazaar at Lambton Park which is being held tomorrow, Sunday 27 November from 9am to 3pm! This will be our biggest Art Bazaar in recent years with over 60 stallholders!
VEHICLES MAY DRIVE ONTO THE GRASS
• Members of the Newcastle Men’s Shed will be there to help with unloading, as well as some committee members.
• Once you are unloaded, BEFORE you set up, please move your vehicle elsewhere to make room for the next group.
• Park away from the bazaar so that customers will be able to find parking.
• Please keep strictly to the schedule above.
• Enter via the main gates on Morehead St and exit via Elder St
• Stick to the traffic flow as set out on the accompanying map
• Park along Morehead St
• We will try to reserve parking spaces when available.
Food and beverage stalls:
• Food and beverage stalls enter via the main driveway to the park in Morehead St.
• You may park your vehicles behind your stalls.
• At the end of the day, please exit via the access road to Elder Street.
- Remember safety comes first and our major concern is the wind- Provide your own 3 x 3 metre market tent – this MUST be a good quality gazebo for example OZTrail
- WEIGHTS ONLY – The Council has advised that pegs are no longer allowed in the park. Please pack weights to secure your gazebo. Market tents MUST be heavily weighed down. If bringing water weights it is often a good idea fill your water weights before bringing them
Please share our socials and post on our socials:
Here are some of the stallholders to see at Art Bazaar Lambton Park on Sunday 27 November 9am to 3pm:
Celtic Stag Giftware and Mens Jewellery
s squared designs
Pictures by Kylie
Artworks By Howard
FIG DESIGN UNIQUE JEWELLERY
Unique Art by Anna Baba
Hunter Valley Barrel Craft
Sam Blanks Illustration
Dianna Kellerman Art
ART MANIA STUDIO
FANCY NANCY CERAMICS
John & Lesley HAMILTON
Henrietta MOONEY and Victoria DIXON
COUNTRY WOMENS ASSOCIATION
Created by Us – Lyn Abbott (Spinner, Weaver, Eco Dyer & other fibre arts), Ken Hall (Weaver), Bruce Abbott (Woodturner)
Justine & Nola ATKINSON
Max & Bronwyn GRIEVES
Here are some of the food and coffee trucks who will be accompanying the stalls:
Crescent Star Food
The Coffee Well
food by zed
Live performances by:
Here are some handy tips for stallholders:
Provide your own table
Provide hand sanitizer and wipes
Display your Covid Safe Policy
Charge your Square reader
Bring an extra battery source for your phone
Take pictures on your phone of your market set up so you can refer back to pictures of the previous market and also for sharing on socials including ours, and tag #hanartbazaar #hunterartsnetwork
Clothing to cover all hot/cold options & sun protection
Tablecloths to cover the tables
Paper carry bags and paper bags (customise these with business cards) for sales
Normally we recommend bringing a float however due to Covid cashless is now preferred
Business cards, flyers, signage
Tissue paper/bubble wrap depending on what you are selling
Display stands/items for your work….you can be creative with this ie old suitcases/timber children’s chairs/jewellery trees that seem to pop up everywhere in home stores etc
Small kit of stationery items ie scissors/safety pins/black marker texta/sticky tape
Pack the car the night before
Leave your day to day handbag at home and only take what is essential for security reasons/bring a small crossover bag for your change/ or bumbag
If you are by yourself tell ALL your friends to drop in and say hello so you at least get a toilet break!
Introduce yourself to your neighbouring stalls
Chains or mesh to hang from the market tent to hang wall art
Collect customer details
Plenty of drinking water
If you make clothes of jewellery, wear it on the day
Be doing something with your hands, sewing or painting or other making as people like seeing creative people being creative, it not only creates a topic of conversation but you are not sitting there starring at the customer, freaking them out
Art Bazaar has been held every year since 2002!!
When Art Bazaar began back in 2002 it was originally held in Laman Street. Art Bazaar started with an idea from Newcastle City Council and this is how Hunter Arts Network was formed. Twenty years ago Art Bazaar began to develop a loyal following and fan base. HAN is run by a dedicated committee of volunteers who have also worked hard to celebrate all modalities of visual arts and the committee that has come together continues to do an amazing job to make this happen.
Stallholders are selected based on the originality and quality of their wares – so there’s plenty to capture your imagination. Bring the family or meet up with friends to wander the stalls to find unique gifts or treat for yourself, and meet the local Hunter makers and artists. All stallholders are members of Hunter Arts Network. The event showcases their unique, handmade artisan goods including a wide variety of carefully selected stalls featuring premium local artisan handmade products. Art Bazaar has cemented it’s reputation since 2002 as the event that showcases the Hunter’s creative & vibrant art community that locals & visitors look forward to several times every year. Food trucks, coffee and entertainment is also on offer.
After what has been some patchy Covid years by purchasing direct from the makers you’ll be supporting their hand made work and you get to take home a one-of-a kind treasure. These events will be conducted in accordance with State Government Covid-19 restrictions which may change or apply at these times