Hunter Arts Network is excited to launch Art Bazaar Pop Up in 2017. The first Art Bazaar Pop Ups will be held at:
– The Levee during the Aroma Festival on Saturday 12 August 2017
– Dan Rees Street Carpark during Wallsend Winter Fair on Sunday 13 August 2017
In the below application form select either date or both dates, spaces are limited, completing this form does not guarantee a stall, all applicants will be notified
Please help us promote our Art Bazaar Pop Up Weekend! Assist us by distributing our DL flyers and A3 posters and download the artwork to share online – click here: http://artbazaar.com.au/uncategorized/art-bazaar-pop-up-2017-stallholder-information
NEW STALL SIZES
Time to think outside the box! The 3mx3m gazebo box, that is. What could you do with a 6ft long table space? For our August Art Bazaar Pop Up weekend (Saturday 12 – Sunday 13 August 2017), our Saturday market with Maitland’s Aroma Festival will be a mixture of regular gazebo stalls ($60) and these smaller pop-up stalls ($40). Our Sunday market at Wallsend Winter Fair will be all pop-up stalls! So we’re asking artists to get creative with how they display their artworks. You could try suitcases, baskets, wooden crates, with or without a table, or ditch the table all together and go with ladders, racks or bookshelves. Or some other kind of container or shelving we haven’t thought of yet. It’s a chance to be inventive and do something a bit different, and we’re more than a little excited to see what you come up with. Please leave your market tent at home but bring a tarp to cover up items if the weather turns
AROMA FESTIVAL – SATURDAY 12 AUGUST 2017 10AM TO 3PM
Venue – The Levee, High St, Maitland (temporary road closure)
Bump in – Between 6.30am and 9am. Closer to the event date your exact bump in time will be emailed to you.
Bump out – 3pm. You must not start to pack up and bump out before 3pm.
Stall fees and stall sizes –
Option 1 – “Suitcase” space. The stall fee is $40 inc GST
Option 2 – Market tent space (3m x 3m). The stall fee is $60 inc GST
About Aroma Festival
Ward off the winter chill at the Aroma Coffee and chocolate Festival on Saturday 12 August 2017.
Enjoy coffee from the best local coffee roasters, a delectable range of chocolates, local wine from the Hunter Region and great street food.
The festival will feature live music performances as well as roving performers, demonstrations, interactive activities and much more.
WINTER WALLSEND FAIR – SUNDAY 13 AUGUST 2017 9AM TO 4PM
Venue – Dan Rees Street Carpark, Wallsend
Stall fees and stall sizes – $40 inc GST, each stall is one carpark space
For Bump in/waste/parking/weather and event cancellation/roaming and spruiking promotions/signage/bump out/general information/emergency contact details click here
About Wallsend Winter Fair
The Wallsend Winter Fair is a free fun filled, family friendly day. It is one of the largest, if not the largest street event in the Newcastle LGA; attracting up to 30,000 visitors throughout the day.
Browse through approximately 120 vibrant specialty stalls and local businesses, that will be offering unique arts, crafts, gifts, clothing, jewellery and much more.
Take a break and enjoy the many fresh and tasty food cuisines on offer in the food precinct and from our local cafes & restaurants. Visitors can also sit back and enjoy local musicians, school bands, choirs and dance schools perform on our two stages
Visitors that enjoy the thrill of amusement rides – there will be two precincts offering the latest rides for all the family
You are sure to find something for everyone at this FREE family event!
The Wallsend Winter Fair is a Wallsend Town Business Association project.
Art Bazaar is a great opportunity to
– Promote and sell your products and business face to face with the customer
– This is a great marketing opportunity to raise your profile and increase brand awareness to large broader audiences
– A highly anticipated market held three times every year attracting visitors from Maitland, Lake Macquarie, Newcastle, Hunter region, day-trippers and holiday makers from surrounding areas.
– Opportunity for practitioners and organisations to develop professional networks
– Many people find a gallery somewhat intimidating, so this is a great way to introduce Art to potential customers.
Payment deadline – Applications are due by Sunday 23 July 2017 & once accepted we will issue an invoice. Payment is required by Tuesday 1 August 2017. When paying please quote the reference number on the invoice. Payment is accepted via direct deposit, cheque or money order & is required to ensure your stall space is confirmed.
EXISTING MEMBERS – COMPLETE THIS APPLICATION:
Art Bazaar Pop Up Stall – Existing Member
– Bump in commences from 6am from the Corner of Nelson & Bunn Street
– DO NOT ENTER the event site before you are directed. Streets are not closed until 6am and
therefore it is illegal to set up beforehand – This is not negotiable.
– Bump In, is ONE WAY IN and OUT – NO U TURNS PERMITTED in the Event Footprint
– There will be no other entry access points for Market Stalls
– Site Allocations are given on the morning of the event at Bump In – Not before this time.
– Please move towards the event coordinators in Hi Vis Vests when directed
– Please advise the coordinators of the name you have booked under
– You will then be directed to your site. There will be assistants along the street to help you find
– Please listen carefully to the directions of the Bump In Supervisors – Do not ask to be
repositioned as the organisers have done the best they can to accommodate all requests.
NOBODY holds a permanent space booking from year to year.
– Go to your allocated site and unload as quickly as possible.
– REMOVE YOUR VEHICLE and find a parking space before you commence setting up.
– Do not unload in front of another stall holder’s site.
– Do not set up outside your allocated space – Please stay within your lines as marked on the road
in chalk and DO NOT encroach on another stall holder’s space.
– You will be moved if you have a larger marquee than you booked or you will not be permitted to
erect your marquee if a larger site cannot be offered.
– The maximum depth of your site is 3 metres (Gutter to edge of stall) – DO NOT ERECT
ADDITIONAL MARQUEES, UMBERELLAS, STOCK OR SIGNS OUTSIDE YOUR ALLOCATED SPACE
– NO STOCK, CHANGE ROOMS etc ARE PERMITTED ON THE FOOTPATHS – This is a Council
requirement. Footpaths are to remain clear for foot traffic and emergency services at all times.
– ALL VEHICLES MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE EVENT SITE BY 8 AM – This is not negotiable.
– Please refer to your map regarding exit after unpacking.
– Stall allocations are set according to power requirements, site size, mix of stall types etc. Local
Wallsend businesses have first option on the space in front of their businesses. These sites must
be booked prior to the event and be kept to the size booked.
– Please note stall spaces are on a road which is not perfectly flat. If you require your tables/
displays to be level; please ensure you come prepared with wedges, adjustable legs etc.
– Site positions cannot be guaranteed to accommodate shade from Sun.
Please note: Streets in the Event Zone cannot be legally closed until 6am and therefore we often
experience cars left overnight in the event zone. Police do their best to locate owners to move
them; unfortunately sometimes this is not possible. If your allocated site is blocked by an
offending vehicle; please be patient while we relocate you as quickly as we can.
– Remove rubbish regularly throughout the day. Do not put boxes and packaging waste into street
– A skip bin has been provided at the rear of the Tyrrell Street Car Park for your bulk waste.
– Please try and eliminate waste on the day by not bringing unnecessary packaging.
– Remove all waste during and at the end of the day – Stall holders that do not remove waste from
their site before leaving the event will not be welcome back.
– Public events can generate significant amounts of waste. It is estimated that each participant to
an event generates 1.2kg of waste. If our event attracts 25000 people, that’s 30,000kg waste
generated. Recycling and Reducing gives instant results. Up to 60% waste generated at events is
compostable and 20% is recyclable.
– The first step to reducing waste is avoiding waste generation. It requires us to change some of
our habits which create waste unnecessarily.
PARKING FOR VEHICLES & TRAILERS
– There will be parking in nearby streets and some limited off street parking nearby.
– All Cars, Trailers and unnecessary items MUST BE REMOVED no later than 8.00am
– Parking is not permitted – in the Event footprint as per the attached map or the Wallsend RSL
undercover car park or their car park in Charles Street. Council Car Parks in Kemp, Tyrrell & Dan
Rees are closed for Event activities.
– IF YOU PARK INSIDE THE EVENT FOOTPRINT, OTHER THAN DESIGNATED AREAS ALLOCATED TO
YOU – POLICE & SECURITY STAFF WILL BE CALLED TO REMOVE YOU.
WEATHER & EVENT CANCELLATION
– Event Cancellation – A decision will be made by the Wallsend Winter Fair Committee by 6pm on
Saturday night (13/8/16) if the Event needs to be cancelled due to weather. Please note that
there will not be individual correspondence – it is your responsibility to check our facebook
page www.facebook.com/WallsendWinterFair or our website www.winterfair.com.au . There
will also be announcements on radio New FM
– Cancellation on the Day – Please bring appropriate covering for your stalls, in case of rain on the
If we experience consistent or heavy rain that results in the Event being cancelled during the day,
you will be required to secure your stall with covers and wait for directions from the event
organisers regarding BUMP OUT – Definitely no vehicles will be permitted on site until the
streets are clear of pedestrians. Police and the organisers will give the all clear to enter.
– New Event Date – If the Event is cancelled prior to commencement; you will advised by email
when an alternate date will be set.
– Refunds – will not be issued if the event is cancelled or Stall Holders do not turn up on the day.
– Please note we have no control over the weather
– Please note that all signage is to be kept within your site allocation – Definitely NO
A Frames, Feathers, Pull Ups, Flags, etc., outside your site allocation. Items will be removed if you
do not comply.
– Your site space is the width that you booked, and is no more than 3 metres deep from the gutter
DO NOT extend past this space.
ROAMING & SPRUIKING PROMOTIONS
– You are not permitted to roam throughout the Event footprint handing out promotional and
marketing material unless you have registered with the Event Organisers prior to the event – No
– You can hand out information and promotional products within your site allocation and directly
in front of your site.
– Please be respectful to your neighbouring stall holders by not encroaching on their space or
customers. Manners and professionalism will make for a good day for all.
– Spruiking is only permitted if it is contained to a minimum sound level (immediate area of your
stall site) and does not conflict with the Events PA System
– NO PORTABLE PA SYSTEMS PERMITTED UNLESS AUTHORISED PRIOR TO THE EVENT
– The Event closes at 4pm. NO BUMP OUT PRIOR TO THIS TIME
– You WILL NOT be permitted to bring your vehicles on site for BUMP OUT until you have packed
up your site as close to the gutter as possible. Once you have done this you will be provided a
pass from an Event Marshal to bring your vehicle in to pack up. NO PASS…. NO BUMP OUT
This system of Bump Out is to ease the congestion caused by stall holders all trying to get
vehicles in at the same time, therefore causing a traffic jam and blocking emergency vehicle
access. DO NOT BLOCK THE CENTRE OF THE ROAD
– Pack your site as close to the gutter or on the edge of the footpath (do not obstruct pedestrian
flow), you will be able to park your vehicle in your site space allowing for traffic to flow through
the centre of the street… a quicker exit for all after a long day. We suggest that you start
organising your pack up from 3.30pm
– BUMP OUT ENTRY IS FROM THE SAME ENTRY POINT AS BUMP IN. No U Turns in the Event
Footprint Allowed. Same one way traffic rules apply – Please refer to attached map
– BUMP OUT MUST BE COMPLETED BY 5PM – All vehicles & Trailers must be offsite no later than
5pm. If you require more time to pack up than this– please commence pack up earlier before
bringing vehicles in – NO EXCEPTIONS
– Toilets – are available in Boscawen Street, Tyrrell Street behind the Stage, Dan Rees Car Park &
Rotunda Park opposite the Lemon Grove Hotel.
– Security – Paid Police have been engaged for the Event
Please do not allow yourself to be vulnerable to theft – ensure your stall, money, mobile devices
and stock are secure at all times. Please be especially vigilant during set up and pack up. It is
advisable to have a least a second person with you on the day to assist. Lone traders are easier
– First Aid is provided by St John’s Ambulance located at the rear of the Rotunda on the Corner of
Harris & Tyrrell Street (Across the road from the Lemon Grove Hotel)
– On the day – contact can be made through the Event Information Booth on the corner of Tyrrell
& Nelson Streets (in front of the Rotunda Park). All Event staff will have 2 way radios, connected
to Police, Road Closure Staff and Event Supervisors.
– Please DO NOT try and contact the Event Coordinator on the mobile phone, as it will not be
answered on the day.
– Prior to the Event –Contact is to be made by email – [email protected]
Please do not send messages on Facebook.