This could be the biggest First Friday of the month yet! Please join us for our first walking tour for 2010 – there are some *new projects* on the block, exhibition opening and closing *parties*, and you can see for yourself *how the Mall has changed* over the past year or so.
It’ll be a cosy evening stroll through the city, with sips of wine & nibblies on the way to keep us warm. Come for the whole tour, or meet us part way through. You are most welcome to linger longer at any of the shops and galleries, which are open late on the First Friday of every month.
Itinerary below, or on the website www.renewnewcastle.org
RSVP at the Facebook event page: www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=116647705024515&bcode=kmDw2
- *5.00pm* @ Renew HQ – *Meet Renew Newcastle General Manager Marni Jackson. The Church, 3 Morgan St.
- *5.10pm* @ Look See 2010 – *Exhibition Closing Night.* Upstairs Market Square, 5-8pm. Your last chance to view and buy works by local and national illustrators and designers.
- *5.40pm* @ Mad Hatter Millinery. *Free Workshop.* Shop 18, Market Square Terrace, 5.30-6.30pm. Have a peek at the Felt Hat making workshop (or if you would like to participate, it begins at 5.30pm) The demonstration will involve the blocking (moulding & shaping) of felt over a wooden hat block: how it is stretched, secured, dried, sized and finished.
- *5.50pm* @ Makespace – *New makers & kids craft corner.* 19 Wolfe St, 5.00-7.30pm. Makespace is proud to introduce their newest maker – Kellie Hourigan of ‘queen street creative’. Come meet Kellie and see her beautiful paintings before they’re all snapped up. Mum’s: bring the kids and let them make you a special mum’s day card in our kids corner, while you share a knowing smile and a well earned wine or two with us.
- *6.10pm* @ Before It Began – *Shop Grand Opening.* Shop 2, 200 Hunter St, 6-9pm. Recycled/Reclaimed/Junk inspired fashion and accessories by young local designers. Opening night features junked up catwalk models & entertainment by Grandmaster Monk.
- *6.40pm* @ Ciao Meow – *New Shop Opening Party.* 169 King St, 6-9pm. Robyn from Ciao Meow has moved on from her Renew Newcastle shopfront in the mall. Congratulations Robyn! Join her in celebrating her transition to a commercial lease and her new shop opening on King St.
- *7.15pm* @ Loop Space – *Exhibition. * 109 Hunter St Mall, 6-8pm. Currently on exhibition at Loop Space a group show with Video by DEMUX; Audio by Ros Bandt; Photography by Anette Willis; Paintings by local artists Annemarie Murland and Peter Lankas; and mixed photomedia by Damian Castaldi. Visit website loopoz.com for more details.
- *7.30pm* @ Arthive Gallery – * Upstairs 111 Hunter St (off Morgan St), 7-10pm. Photomedia Mayhem is a month long celebration of all things photography including a Camera Wunderkamma, slide nights, group photography show and much much more! Opening night features entertainment by Casio Gloria on bent spoken beats and bells, and Kraig Grady playing a magical 12-tone scaled vibraphone. Visit website subjecthive.blogspot.com for more details.
Join us for First Friday of the month – 7th May. 5.00-8.00pm – Hope to see you there!
Renew Newcastle Limited
M | 0434 637 897
W | www.renewnewcastle.org