Join the Australian Kite Flying Association who will be exhibiting up to 50 large kites and participate in kite making workshops, kite flying and sand sculpting on the beach.
Members of the public can also enjoy model boats on the pond, jumping castles, surf kites, giant board games, street performers and more!
Kites Above Newcastle is a family friendly alcohol free event.
There are no bookings required and refreshments can be purchased at the venue.
What’s on and where:
* Kite flying demonstrations by the Australian Kite Flying Association in Foreshore Park
* Kite making workshops on Nobbys Beach
* Sand sculpture exhibit on Nobbys Beach
* Surf kites on the water at Nobbys Beach
* Model trains under the Carriage Sheds in Foreshore Park
* Model boats on the pond in Foreshore Park
* Remote control car racing in Foreshore Park
* Giant board games in Foreshore Park
* Jumping castles in Foreshore Park
* Roving street performers and musicians
For more information visit our website http://www.livesites.org.au or call us on 49253969.
Newcastle L!vesites is an initiative of Newcastle City Council, Hunter Development Corporation and ARTS NSW