Shiloh Art Studio at Martins Creek
This workshop will cover the practice of keeping a sketch book journal. You will be inspired by the sketch books of many different artists and will have an opportunity to use a variety of sketching media including; charcoal, ink, graphite, coloured pencil and oil pastel.
We will focus on two main areas; sketching and composition with a session on each of the following subjects:
- Composition – learn how to create interesting page layouts, creative backgrounds and use lettering in imaginative ways.
- Landscapes – sketching outside as well as from your own photographic reference this will include some easy to apply perspective hints.
- Sketching – fast gestural drawing from life including things that won’t keep still.
- People and portraits – simple figures to add life to your sketches, byo a photo to create a short portrait study.
- Mixed media – make a themed mixed media artwork that can be cut into smaller miniature pictures (also suitable to use as artist trading cards).
Date: Saturday 11th September 2010 10am-4pm
Cost: $80 included all artist quality paper and materials, optional – byo sketch book
Morning and afternoon tea provided, BYO lunch
All levels of ability catered for
For bookings and enquiries, contact Bernie on 02 4938 8142 or email [email protected]