Time: 5.30pm – 9.30pm
Date: Wednesday 31 December 2014
Site: Hunter River Riverbank at Maitland
Artist to design and create a simple safe firework artwork that visually links to actual fireworks that can be inserted easily into the ground and be approximately 30 – 50 cm high.
Around 350 need to be installed along a 30 metre site on the riverbank before 5.30pm on NYE so that as a mass installation it is visible, colourful and dynamic and able to be seen by people as they gather on the riverbank for the firework display in the evening.
Between 5.30 – 9.30 pm the artist and his/her team of assistants will assist up to 1,000 people of all ages to make their own firework artwork to be added to the existing installation.
The design of the firework needs to be simple, safe and effective to achieve real and efficient community participation in this NYE activity.
Please find attached site plan and ideas sheet from Events Team at Maitland City Council.
The artist is responsible for:
1. Designing a template for the firework artwork which includes a detailed plan, list of materials, instructions to assemble and install in ground as per brief above
2. Sourcing and preparing materials sufficient to make 1200 finished fireworks.
3. Making and installing 350 completed firework artworks
4. Leading and sourcing a team of up to 6 people to assist 1,000 people of all ages to make and install firework artworks between 5.30 – 9.30pm.
5. PLEASE SUBMIT A DETAILED BUDGET TO COVER ITEMS 1-4.
If you are interested in responding to this brief please submit your outline of items 1-5 together with your Artist’s CV by email to:
as soon as possible
All enquiries to
Kate Henry – 4931 2870
Adam Franks – 4931 2872